Very primitive saunas were dug into embankments, but later came to be built above ground in the style of a cabin. Today’s saunas come in different forms and sizes, and there are many different heating methods, including:
- wet saunas
- dry saunas
- smoke saunas
- steam saunas
- infrared saunas
At COLD LASER PAIN RELIEF we have an infrared sauna. The benefits of infrared sauna are significant, as this system heats the body from within and produces the kind of profuse sweating normally only seen with traditional wet-dry sauna systems but at a far more comfortable temperature. These saunas really pack a punch in terms of an all over body therapy.
Our sauna is a single person sauna so your privacy is guaranteed.
We advise you to bring your own towel and a pair of slip-ons or thongs for your feet. Because you are alone in the sauna, so you can dress in whatever makes you feel comfortable, like bathers, shorts, tracksuit or underwear. You can read, listen to your music or just meditate. We also advise you take some water into the sauna and just enjoy the relaxing down time.
There are many well documented benefits.
- inflammation and pain
- blood pressure
- blood sugars
- acne and fine wrinkles
- muscle relaxation
- activation of metabolism
- weight loss
- blood circulation
- kidney function
- healthy skin maintenance
- sinus decongestion
- allergy relief
- increased energy
- a cardiovascular workout
- Improves Immune system – stimulates rapid production of infection fighting white blood cells, reducing incidents of ‘flu and colds by up to 30%
- Enhances sleep – when the body is relieved of tension it is easier to relax
- Strengthens the heart – research in Finland over a 20 year period showed reduction in life-threatening cardiac events in regular sauna users
- Increases metabolism and weight loss – a 35 minute session can elevate the heart rate to aerobic levels, helping burn calories
- Minimises joint pain – this type of radiant heat therapy is used to effectively treat patients with bursitis, neuralgia, muscle spasms, stiff joints and arthritis
- Aids athletic recovery – growth hormone is naturally and safely increased when combined with regular exercise routines.
- Dispels SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) -researchers at Harvard Medical School found bright light stimulates cells in the retina directly connected to the hypothalamus, a part of the brain controlling circadian rhythms, allowing a normal circadian rhythm to be regained
- Unstable angina pectoris (cardiac related chest pain)
- Recent myocardial infarction
- Severe aortic stenosis
- Some medical patches (eg. slow release morphine patches)
Cost for single use
- For half an hour sauna – $25
- For ¾ of an hour sauna – $30
- For an hour sauna – $35
a) Pay up front for 5 and receive the 6th free.
- Half an hour – $125
- ¾ of an hour – $150
- Full hour – $175
b) Pay up front for 10 and receive 3 free.
- Half an hour – $250
- ¾ of an hour – $300
- Full hour – $350
Contact us (08) 8299 9111 and book a time of your choice.
Our hours are 8 – 6 Monday to Friday and 8 – 1 Saturdays.
We close on Public Holidays.
For more information, simply fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to organise a no-obligation consultation…